Stop by the Akron Art Museum at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 18, 2022. At this event, you will hear from a panel of local LGBTQ+ experts and advocates from Summit, Stark, Portage, and Medina counties as they share the outcomes and community recommendations that address the unmet needs of the local LGBTQ+ community. We will also celebrate and acknowledge the community partners and individuals who helped the two-year project find success! Following the presentation, take pleasure in a guided art tour of LGBTQ+ curated art.
5:30-6:30 p.m. - Welcome Reception
Your Eventbrite registration includes complimentary hors d’oeuvres, and the first 200 guests to arrive will receive one cocktail voucher for the cash bar in the Beatrice Knapp McDowell Grand Lobby, catered by LGBTQ+ owned Ernies Catering and Event Planning. Additional beverages can be purchased at the cash bar. Enjoy reconnecting with local LGBTQ+ community members and leaders leading up to the panelist presentations.
*Must be 21 or older with valid identification to consume alcohol
6:30-7:30 p.m. - Panelist Presentations
Move into the Charles and Jane Lehner Auditorium with your hors d’oeuvres and cocktail to hear from a panel of local LGBTQ+ experts and advocates as they share outcomes and community recommendations that address the unmet needs of the LGBTQ+ community. Panelists include:
- Physical Health and Wellness – Dr. Scott Hamler, Summa Pride Clinic
- Religion and Spirituality – Anissa Glaser-Bacon, New Vision United Church of Christ
- Education and Literacy – N.J. Akbar, PhD Akron Public Schools Board of Education
- Housing, Food, and Nutrition – Mar-quetta Boddie, Summit County Continuum of Care
- Business, Employment, and Commerce – Matthew Weiderhold, Heritage Ohio
- Safety and Law Enforcement – Gert Wilms, City of Akron Chief of Staff
- Recreation and Leisure – Jim Mahon, Akron | Summit Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Community Resources – Rebecca Callahan, CANAPI
- Allyship - Natalia Maikranz, Kent State University: College of Pubilc Health
7:30-8:00 p.m. - Guided LGBTQ+ Commissioned Art Tour
After the presentation, guests are invited into the Akron Art Museum collections for a tour of LGBTQ+ relevant artwork led by Jared Ledesma, Senior Curator, connecting the art to LGBTQ+ history, culture, and events.